30 Dec UFI: Success in 2008
As we come to the end of another year, we at United Families International wish to thank all of you for your support during our 30th Anniversary year! What a year it has been! We have been successful on many fronts thanks to your willingness to support our efforts.
We hope we can count on your support again in 2009. It is crucial that we receive your donation before the end of the year so we can finalize our plans for 2009. Our ability to continue this work on behalf of families throughout the world depends on you! Your donations in 2008 provided us with critical resources. We accomplished so much because of you!
Here are a few of the highlights your support helped us achieve:
- In March, while lobbying at the United Nations at the Commission on the Status of Women, UFI was able to work with other pro-family organizations and split the European Union in order to defeat pro-abortion language. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=138
- In April, as part of the pro-family international coalition leadership, we worked with Kosovo’s parliament leaders to craft language for their new constitution that would protect the rights of families, religion, marriage, and life. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=134
- From May through November, United Families played an important role as a integral component of the ProtectMarriage coalition in California. Through the educational tools and speakers we provided, we were able to help secure the passage of Proposition 8. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=243
- In May, we announced two new partners for our abstinence-based HIV/AIDS prevention program – Stay Alive. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the Catholic Church, both announced that they would begin pilot programs to implement Stay Alive in Kenya and Tanzania.http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=131
- In October, we celebrated our 30th Anniversary and announced that Giff and Wendy Nielsen would be honored as our Champions of the Family Award recipients. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=249
- In November, we joined with other ProtectMarriage coalition leaders to denounce the attacks the opposition was making on individuals, churches and businesses who contributed time and money to support Proposition 8 in California. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=244
- In December, we joined with other pro-family organizations and presented thousands of your signatures to the United Nations General Assembly to show support for the original intent of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. http://unitedfamilies.org/default.asp?contentID=244
Thanks to your support we were able to make significant inroads in the protection of families, religious liberty, and sanctity of life. As you consider your year-end giving, please make a significant contribution to United Families so that at the end of 2009 we will have many more wonderful successes to report.
Happy New Year!
Beverly Rice, UFI President