24 Dec The Fight FOCA Petition
In 2004, for the first time, California Senator Barbara Boxer introduced The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). To date, the Bill has not been signed in to law but if passed, it would override every piece of Pro-Life legislation that has been made on a local, state, or national level. Sen. Boxer herself said that this radical Pro-Abortion legislation would “supercede any law, regulation or local ordinance that impinges on a woman’s right to choose.”
Last year Barack Obama told the now famously corrupt Pro-Abortion organization, Planned Parenthood, that the first thing he would do as president of the United States is sign FOCA into law. As the legislative and executive branches of the U.S. government are controlled by the party that traditionally supports abortion, FOCA may be close to becoming law.
As defenders of the unborn, we must do all we can to ensure that their rights are protected. The Pro-Life group, Americans United for Life has taken part in a project called FightFOCA.com. FightFOCA.com is a great resource for all Americans to educate themselves on FOCA and sign the Fight FOCA Petition. For 30 years, United Families International has been devoted to maintaining and strengthening the family as the fundamental unit of society. We have fought on all levels of government to support the sanctity of human life, including unborn children. We are happy to join with Americans United for Life and voice our opposition to abortion.
FOCA would eradicate state and federal laws that the majority of Americans support, such as:
- Bans on Partial Birth Abortion
- Requirements that women be given information about the risks of getting an abortion
- Only licensed physicians can perform abortions
- Parents must be informed and give consent to their minor daughter’s abortion
FOCA would erase these laws and prevent states from enacting similar protective measures in the future.
- FOCA is a radical attempt to enshrine abortion-on-demand into American law;
- FOCA seeks to sweep aside existing, protective laws that I and the majority of Americans support;
- FOCA will prevent states from enacting protective measures in the future.
The FightFOCA petition will be sent to key Members of Congress upon the re-introduction of the Freedom of Choice Act in the 111th Congress, and to President-Elect Obama.